St Dingat’s Church stands on a rise above the Square in the centre of New Tredegar, and behind the village memorial, on land that was presented by the fourth Earl Tredegar in 1894. It was built in the early English style at a cost of £3000. In 1925 the building was enlarged with an additional vestry.
The Church has a West Window that depicts the Epiphany while the East Window which is over the Altar, depicts the Ascention of Our Lord and was dedicated before World War One. In 1913, the parish hall was built and proved much use during The Great War as well as in peace times. More recently it saw less use and was at one time put to use as a factory.
Inside the church, on a wall to the right of the chancel entrance, a marble tablet begins with the inscription:
In loving memory of the following gallant Churchmen of New Tredegar who made the supreme sacrifice in The Great War
and ends with,
Greater love has no man than this.